Wednesday, January 27, 2010

...about Geogebra

After spending more time on Geogebra with Ashley this afternoon, I would say that I am fairly comfortable with the technology. On a scale from 1-10, I would say I'm at a 7 for the whole program, but a 10 with the part of the program that I know (if that makes sense). I am comfortable with the buttons at the top of the program, and I am comfortable with the commands. If I don't know how to use a command, I know how to find help quickly. The reason my rating isn't higher is because I feel like there is still so much about the program that I haven't even uncovered yet. I can do basic or proficient maneuvers, but I don't think that I've even discovered the distinguished maneuvers yet.

For example, today we were looking at activities online, and one revealed a Boolean option. We tried to figure out how it got there, what purpose it had, and how to program it, but we didn't have the time or the patience at that point. I also haven't really looked at much of the calculus applications with Geogebra. I've seen pictures from people who have used it, but I couldn't find help on how to do those things from the pictures. Basically, I feel that there is a lot of untapped potential in the program that I haven't gotten to yet.

So, to sum up: I'm very comfortable with what I know, but not comfortable with what I don't know.

1 comment:

  1. Great work! Glad to hear that you are not too overwhelmed and have made a few goals of what to pursue in the next few weeks.

    I think that it is great that you stumbled onto Boolean Expressions. CC from the NSPiRE group did as well so you can compare notes. This is the backbone of just about everything we do on computers!

    ReplyDelete