Thursday, January 21, 2010

I'm thinking about my 2 video technologies

I spent about 3 hours with my two video selections: Windows Moviemaker (WM) and Jing. Both seem very user friendly. When I was using WM, I didn’t have any videos to try the program with, so I used pictures that I had on my computer. Actually, I made a video with Jing to see if the two programs were compatible, but they are not. Anyways, WM was very easy to navigate. It’s basically drag and drop with pictures, video, music, voice over, and transitions. I tried to see if I could get the music to fade out at the end, but I didn’t figure that out yet. My final product has a song as the audio. I tried doing a voice recording over the pictures, but I don’t think my microphone is of very high quality. It didn’t sound good, so I kept the song instead. I found out that I can’t put my voice over the song, unless my voice is on the video clip (This is why I initially tried to find out if Jing and WM were compatible).

I also made a video with Jing. This program is also very user friendly. I used it earlier in the week and familiarized myself with capturing a still shot. The features to add text and arrows are very cool. When I discovered the arrows, I felt like I was an ESPN commentator talking about a football defense. Tonight, I made a video initially of me talking through creating sliders in Geogebra. Then when my microphone was terrible again, I recreated the video with no commentary. Thinking back on our class tonight though, I realize that my video may be too long (it was about 2 minutes), so I’ll probably go back and make a shorter video. After I do that, I will go on to VT next.

2 comments:

  1. Nice work. I like the tool bar as well in Jing. You will want to check out the Smart Notebook if you really want tools.

    Your two minute video is fine. This is practice, so now you know how much you an do in two minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I checked out Smart Notebook online....it looks great! Do you think it is something that a school department will provide for me or will I have to initate and integrate it in myself?

    ReplyDelete