Saturday, February 13, 2010

...aha!

This week with GeoGebra, my goal was to learn how to create applets. I began by continuing to work through the GeoGebra Help pdf that has many activities to get to know the program. After spending a few more hours with GeoGebra, I was finally able to figure out how to create a checkbox that can make items appear and disappear on the graph with a click of a button! It was very exciting for me. I had come across an online GeoGebra worksheet that had done this a few weeks ago, but couldn't figure out how it worked. Now I have!

My aha moment really came as I was working more with Geogebra. When I first began working with GeoGebra, I leaned more towards using the Input command bar because of the easy help with the F1 button. The more time I spent with the program, however, I realized that most, if not all, the typed commands has equivalent icons at the top of the screen. Using the icons is MUCH easier than typing inputs. I guess I was just more nervous to use the icons at the beginning because it was easier to get stuck using them, in my mind. Now I see that the icons allow for desired actions to be easier!

1 comment:

  1. So you can now show me how to make the applets. In a perfect world I would have time to do this... I find it interesting that you began with the command window and then moved to the menu icons up top. It makes me realize that there needs to be flexibility in how this program is introduced since they both work. Now for that F1 thing, it did not work for me a few weeks ago so I will have to revisit that!

    ReplyDelete